ART. II POL. 2 | GOVERNANCE STYLE
The Commission will govern lawfully with an emphasis on (a) outward vision rather, (b) encouragement of diversity of viewpoints, (c) strategic leadership rather than administrative detail, (d) clear distinction of roles, (e) collective rather than individual decisions, (f) future rather than past or present, and (g) proactive rather than reactive focus.
1. The Commissioners will develop and initiate governance policies for the Commission. The expertise of individual Commissioners may be used to enhance the understanding of the Commissioners as an entire body.
2. The Commissioners' major policy focus will be on the Mission, Objectives, and intended long-term effects of the FCHR as a whole.
3. The Commissioners will govern themselves professionally and respectfully in all matters of Commission business.
4. Continual Commissioner development will include orientation of new Commissioners on the Commission’s governance processes, the Florida Civil Rights Act, and other pertinent state statutes, including Florida's Sunshine laws, administrative rules, and federal law, as well as periodic discussion of process improvement.
5. The Commissioners will not allow any officer, Commissioner, or committee of the Commission to hinder or be an excuse for not fulfilling their commitments.
Florida Commission on Human Relations
Governance Policy - January 20, 2022
Previously revised September 2014; Original November 2006